Historical Marker Dedications

Washington High School

The Texas Historical Marker for Washington High School in Groesbeck was dedicated in a ceremony on Saturday, September 16. The school was built in 1957 for African American students in Groesbeck ISD. After integration, the school became Groesbeck Junior High and serrved that purpose until 1989. It then became Enge-Washington Intermediate School and was named for the two principals of Washington High School, Nelson Washington and Elwood Enge. A new intermediate school was completed in 2011, and most of the old school was demolished in 2018.

Allen Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church

Print | Sitemap
© Limestone County Historical Commission